My ADD sypmtoms have been getting worse the past few weeks. Apparently they get worse as you get older. I have a more sudden need to run around and fidget and stuff and I’m almost completely unable to focus on stuff. Yesterday I almost didn’t come to school because I couldn’t focus enough to even get ready for school.
You may not know , but there are two types of ADHD :
ADHD-I and ADHD-H. I’ll just copy and paste some stuff from Wikipedia. I’m sure you’re smart enough to figure this stuff out.
Inattentive Type ADHD-I…………………………….Hyperactive Type ADHD-H
- Forgetful during daily activities
- Easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
- Losing important items (e.g. pencils, homework, toys, etc.)
- Not listening and not responding to name being called out
- Unable to focus on tasks at hand, cannot sustain attention in activities
- Avoids or dislikes tasks requiring sustained mental effort
- Makes careless mistakes by failing to pay attention to details
- Difficulty organizing tasks and activities
- Always asking for attention
- Fails to follow-through on complex instructions and tasks (e.g. homework, chores, etc.)
- Squirms and ﬁdgets (with hands and/or feet)
- Cannot sit still
- Cannot play quietly or engage in leisurely activities
- Talks excessively
- Runs and climbs excessively
- Always on the go, as if “driven by a motor”
- Cannot wait for their turn
- Blurts out answers
- Intrudes on others and interrupts conversations
|In adults, these evolve into:
- Indecision, difficulty recalling and organizing details required for a task
- Poor time management, losing track of time
- Avoiding tasks or jobs that require sustained attention
- Difﬁculty initiating tasks
- Difﬁculty completing and following through on tasks
- Difﬁculty multitasking
- Difﬁculty shifting attention from one task to another
- Chooses highly active, stimulating jobs
- Avoids situations with low physical activity or sedentary work
- May choose to work long hours or two jobs
- Seeks constant activity
- Easily bored
- Intolerant to frustration, easily irritated
- Impulsive, snap decisions and irresponsible behaviors
- Loses temper easily, angers quickly
ADHD-H describes my Uncle Scott and cousin.
It also describes my dad and brother, however their symptoms are controlled.
I think I’m somewhere in the middle. This runs in the family. See?
My mind is all over the place…
By the way, who reads this anyway?